November 4-5, 2019
Location: Lexington, KY
Is your company really good at problem solving because
you get lots of practice solving the same problem over and over again?
Most people think they are good problem solvers. Doctors and engineers have been trained in it, and they are expected every day to problem solve and reach effective solutions.
In nearly all types of business and industry, problem solving training is everywhere. The training may be Six Sigma based DMAIC, or any number of consultants’ variations on steps method.
The key question is: are we fighting the same problem over and over again in spite of having already solved it several times?
UK Lean Systems Program’s course, 8 Step Problem Solving Process, is not just more steps to make it more complicated or unique to us. It is based upon a highly successful model used by Toyota. The instructors are former Toyota management members who have successfully used the method in their daily work.
They have personally seen it get to countermeasures that prevent the problem from returning and are sustainable in manufacturing, transportation, health care, and financial businesses. It works in both production and non-production work.
The two day program is available at the University of Kentucky campus in the True Lean™ learning lab, usually with a variety of companies and businesses participating. It is also available as a dedicated program at either UK or your company’s location.
Learning Objectives Include
- understanding how the guiding principles underlie the discipline and thinking of the process
- applying the 8 step process in a realistic work problem exercise
- assess your own work condition and begin planning how to adopt the 8 step method
Instructional Method Uses…
- highly interactive discussion built around short segments of instruction
- small group practice and report-out discussion for a richer and more varied learning experience
- Q&A coaching on how to take the method home to your company
For more information contact: