Location: Lexington, KY
Tired of beating your head against a wall of resistance when you attempt standardized work?
Every organization undertaking true lean implementation knows that standardization is a critical foundation for lean success.
Writing standardized work often becomes one of the early steps; but is frequently met with both middle management and labor resistance, becomes exceedingly complex and long, and in the end is unusable because of all the exceptions and variations.
As a result, the standardized work documents which finally make it through development and approval wind up like most other work procedures and training manuals: in a notebook in someone’s office and seldom if ever used.
The UK True Lean™ Introduction to Standardized Work program is designed to address why the above scenario happens too often in all types of work. It is structured as
- a highly interactive classroom presentation and discussion
- includes experiential learning activities
- concludes on day three with a go forward strategy planning session
- an opportunity for extensive Q & A, coaching, and discussion between the instructor and the students
- focused on specific implementation issues in the student’s own workplace
The program is 2.5 days long, beginning at 8:30 a.m. daily, and ends at noon on day 3.
- know the difference between Standardized Work and typical work standards/SOPs
- learn the critical elements for developing it to achieve sustainability
- understand how to apply it to daily management of safety, quality, and productivity
- Learn the function and purpose of each Standardized Work tool
- Know why preconditions must be in place
- Experience first-hand the process for developing Standardized Work
- Develop a strategy for implementing it in your operations
$1995.00 – includes course materials and lunch
For more information contact: